On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, with your 4 patches applied.
> It seems even worse now, as this happened twice already.

Can you try with just patch #4 applied (continue in case of gain failure).
I'd be interested to know how much/if the frequency of MAC lockup changes.

> Noise might degrade performance, but do you think it might cause all
> packets to be missed?

Maybe not all, but enough.  If we can't tune the channel then the radio
won't get the ACKs from the medium, consequently ack failures are sent
to the rate control algorithm and a lower rate will be tried.  Also note
there's not a whole lot of difference between 802.11 B/G channels between
1 and 11.  If your AP supports 802.11A, then you can do testing on a
mostly quiet freq band.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com