Hello everyone;

I have the following problem, I own a couple of Senao cards and I`m
using them with the ath5k driver.
The cards have a 600 mW power or ~28 dBm.
The problem is that i can only reach 100 mw or 20 dBm with the ath5k
driver or in linux for that matter.
I reach this conclusion from the information the iwconfig command gives me .

I already try searching on-line for people with similar problems or
that own my card in linux.
Also I already played with this:
#define AR5K_TUNE_MAX_TXPOWER
which is in the ath5k.h file.

putting the value to 600 at different times, with different drivers.
I'm currently using "compat-wireless-2009-05-24" driver with uname -a
: "Linux 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:58:03 UTC 2009
x86_64 GNU/Linux".

Please I beg for help since I been trying to use the full power for
months. The cards using the Atheros driver in Windows and only using
the Atheros based suppicant is able to reach the 600mW.

I don't want a smart solution, is ok with I have to hardcode the specs
of my Senao cards.

More info: in the box it reads "EnGenius EPI-3601S"
And the specs are in this link:
http://www.engeniustech.com/resources/EPI-3601S.pdf

Thank you.

--