On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 08:30:01PM -0700, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> Since we do allow users to override the regulatory domain this would
> mean trusting blindly what the user says and for ath5k/ath9k/ar9170
> that would mean disregarding completely what has been programmed into
> the EEPROM.

Well, yeah, but maybe the user does know better (e.g. if they bought
their card overseas).  We let users change all other aspects of channel
setup but not power -- why is it special?

Anyway, I don't care too strongly about it, but it seems Atheros use
world roaming so much that the eeprom value is often meaningless.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com