Hi Aditya

I think by changing PLL control register setting u sud b able to achieve your
goal.(also u will require som sw changes)
look in reg.h of ath5k

/*
 * PHY PLL (Phase Locked Loop) control register
 */
#define AR5K_PHY_PLL                    0x987c
#define AR5K_PHY_PLL_20MHZ              0x00000013      /* For half rate (?) */

i have never done this bt its my understanding that this is the way.

FULLRATE        40 MHz core clock   BW = 20Mhz
HALF_RATE       20 MHz core clock   BW = 10Mhz
QUARTER_RATE    10 MHz core clock   BW = 5Mhz

u sud also check legacy or Sams HAL for a better understanding.

Hope this helps
Shashi