On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 04:41 -0700, shashi raj singh wrote:
> Hi Aditya
>
> I think by changing PLL control register setting u sud b able to achieve your
> goal.(also u will require som sw changes)
> look in reg.h of ath5k

The question is not how to do it in the chipset.  The question is how to
make it properly on all layers.  Should we use the same channel numbers
for narrow bandwidth or different channels?  How should the userspace
set the bandwidth?  Are there any regulatory considerations?  How can we
integrate the new functionality smoothly with the already existing
support for setting 40 MHz bandwidth for 802.11n?  How should the
collision avoidance work?

I think linux-wirel...@vger.kernel.org would be a better place to
discuss it.  Once the design issues are resolved, ath5k would be
probably the first driver to implement the narrow channels.

But implementing a hack specific to ath5k won't be appreciated upstream.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin