Hi,

it seems Ath5k is missing a Madwifi feature that is essential for our
long-distance links: setting ACK timeout value based on the link distance.

I found a function ath5k_hw_set_ack_timeout, but it't not called from
anywhere. So only the most low-level part is there, the rest and the whole
userspace API is missing.

What's the best way to add it? I thought about adding it to iw, like
"iw phy0 set acktimeout", but it would require a change on many layers
(iw, nl80211, mac80211 and finally ath5k).

Do you think such changes would be accepted? Or should we resort to some
simpler hack (like a sysfs or even debugfs parameter)?

8AN