On Sunday 22 November 2009 01:36:43 Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> No, not all hardware can change this, we also don't want to
clobber iw
> with hw specific knobs.

I see it differently. Debugfs is for debugging, not for API. If
you'd use debugfs for it, then you'd force every embedded
developer to compile debugfs into the kernel. Ugly.

Better IMHO is a module parameter if only one hardware / driver
supports this. Or really go the way via iw, nl80211, cfg80211
etc if several drivers support this feature (now or in future).

That way we'll also have consistency between feature setup, even
if you use different hardware.

--
http://www.holgerschurig.de