On 9 June 2011 09:01, Bob Copeland <m...@bobcopeland.com> wrote:

>> Hm, is there BT coexistance support for ath5k?
>
> No, but my understanding is that BT coex support is only for co-located
> devices, so unless the phone is using ath5k it wouldn't help here.

>From my understanding, bluetooth coexistance is so devices don't tx/rx
interfere with each other.
Ie, what you don't want is the wifi device RX'ing whilst the bluetooth
device is TX'ing;
you don't want the wifi device TX'ing whilst the bluetooth device is
also TX'ing.
I could be off though, I haven't yet written any btcoex code for
FreeBSD (as I just
don't currently have any hardware that supports it.)

http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/Bluetooth-coexistence

> I guess one could try using a different channel for the AP or fiddling
> with the transmit power in hopes of making the channel avoidance on the
> BT device work better, but I don't know if there's anything more that
> could be done.

There's mention on that page of bluetooth devices being able to be "told" about
BT channel ranges which they shouldn't use; you could then program the ap and
BT device to use non-conflicting channel ranges. How this is done though is
an exercise left to the reader.

Also, I've no idea if the AR5212 era devices support bluetooth coexistance.
I'd have to do some further digging into the historical archives to check.
FreeBSD (which uses the older HAL based code) certainly doesn't have btcoex
code for the chipsets.

Adrian