On 07/14/2011 07:37 AM, Nick Kossifidis wrote:

> I believe we should keep struct ath5k_hw inside ath5k.h because it's
> being used everywhere, not only on base.c. Having it inside base.h is
> misleading, we'd better just kill base.h.

Well, I tried that too, but it produced a bigger patch (to be applied
after the script).  Anyway, it's still readable and reviewable.  I'm
sending it now.  If it's OK, I'll resend the full patch for applying.

The removal of base.h doesn't apprear to be necessary at this point.  I
think the merge enables a lot of cleanups, and also a lot of
possibilities to structure the code along different lines than the old
softc/hw split.  But we need to do the first step first.

By the way, carl9170 has one private structure, not two, so there is
nothing wrong with it.  ath9k has two structures, but merging them is
much more problematic, as the separation between the code is deeper, and
there are even separate modules.  Maybe if ath9k developers become
envious or our clean code in ath5k they with do it too :)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin