On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 09:37:12PM -0800, Galen wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> > MRC is supported on all 11n chipsets, but not for cck rates.
> > TX beamforming is only supported on the shiny new AR93xx
> > chipsets. TX beamforming seems to have been supported on
> > some old legacy chipset but there is no code to support it
> > and I wouldn't bother trying.
> >
> >  Luis
>

> Luis - can you comment on the MRC implementation? Is this entirely
> invisible to ath9k, or is this implemented / supported in software?

No, frankly this is the first time I read about MRC.
I just poked a few guys here about MRC and got the clarification
above.

> And to be clear, you think the 802.11n chipsets before the
> AR9300 *do not* include TxBF at all? Not that it simply isn't
> supported by the drivers?

Only a legacy (802.11g) end of life'd device had some form
of Tx beamforming, but that's not even supported and its easier
to just assume no chipset supports it other than the shiny
new AR93xx family.

  Luis