Quoting Sivaraman V <kru...@gmail.com>:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> Thank you very much on your mail.
> I am novice in linux and definitely not an expert.
>
> The issue is as under:
> I have debian 6.0.a squeeze installed in my AMD processor computer.
> kernel is 2.6.32-5-686
> 32 bit version. RAM 2gb,
> HDD 500gb. [sata disk]
> OS installed in the partition /dev/sda7.
>
> the wireless hard ware I have is Netgear N-150.
> the command lsusb returns the hw as
> "Netgear N-150 < Atheros ar9271 >
>
> I have installed the firmware for ar9271 from the Internet.
> I down loaded latest 22-06-2011 compat driver.
> the command "make" does not compile the necessary module.

How do you know that?  What documentation do you use to find out which
module is necessary?  What are the exact error messages you get when
you try to load the module you need?

> When i explored /compat-wireless-yyy-mm-dd/compat folder, I found that the
> command
> "make" had generated number of doc"o" files based on the kernel from the
> dot"c" files.
>
> the said folder had dot"c" files for kernel ver compat-2.6.14.c onwards.
> how ever dot"o" files were getting generated from 2.6.33 and above only.

Where did you read that you need those files?  If there any error
message that makes you think you need them?  You are describing the
steps you are taking, but not the goal you are trying to reach (e.g.
find the reason for some error messages).

Please use the documentation that comes with compat-wireless and the
site for Linux wireless subsystem.  They should not tell you to do that.

If you are following instructions written by somebody with no clue on
a random forum, then please ask on that forum, not here.

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM, Mohammed Shafi
> <shafi.wirel...@gmail.com>wrote:

Please don't top-post, it makes it harder to quote.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin