Tim Bray wrote:

If there were no further discussion: It's hard to see how to avoid adopting this now that IRIs are standards-track RFC. -Tim

I saw some concerns (with which I agree) that requiring the presence of an IDN library is problematic. As far as I can tell, it's likely to be ignored by developers of clients that run on somwehat constrained devices.

Also; I sypmathize with supporting IRI, but that shouldn't mean it needs to replace any usage of URIs (for instance, I also think that the introduction into XMLNS 1.1 was a mistake).

So: -0.

Best regards, Julian