On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:27:11 +0000, David Powell

> I've put together an XSLT stylesheet to map Atom to RDF/XML. It is
> just as a proof of concept to see if it is possible. I think it
> handles everything except for xml:lang - I'm not sure what's happening
> with xml:lang at the moment - but it should be possible to add it in a
> similar way to xml:base.

Marvellous!

> I don't think using an XSLT processor followed by an RDF/XML parser
> would be much fun in practise - a SAX based convertor would be much
> simpler.

Hmm, that's actually quite an interesting question...

> The RDF vocabulary was just constructed ad-hoc - like I said, it is
> just a proof of concept.  It uses a separate namespace to Atom and
> defines some new terms, which solves any problems with non-unique
> attributes.

That makes sense. Hopefully it should be possible to narrow down the
terms in a way that they can all coexist in the Atom namespace.

One question - do you have a permanent URI for this?

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com