Arve Bersvendsen wrote:

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 00:30:36 +0200, Robert Sayre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I copied Tim's feed to http://franklinmint.fm/2005/04/03/ongoing.rss and removed the <link> element. This absence caused Bloglines to behave oddly.

In what sense?

Sorry, I was a little unclear. Bloglines made "Ongoing" a hyperlink, but it linked to the page I was already looking at without the navigation frame.

Please be aware that the absence of <link /> is not something I think you'd usually see on the public web, anyway.

I see Graham has written about "the point", which is that existing UIs often assume the availability of a link from the feed. This is a SHOULD, with stern warnings, minimum.

Robert Sayre