Why?  If the "problem" is in the content creation and consumption processes,
why must the conduit provide the solution?  I agree that Atompub shouldn't
make the problem worse, but I don't believe that it should attempt to solve
endpoint problems.

> "Everyone has this problem" is not a good reason to ignore it. Someone
> has to be the first to solve it, might as well be us. It is
> not acceptable
> to build formats for the "English Wide Web". That doesn't
> exist any more.

Sorry, but I disagree with the "might as well be us" part.  Atompub is
chartered to define a syndication format and protocol, not to solve the
web's i18n problems.

-Scott-