Robert Sayre wrote:
On 5/20/05, Bill de hÓra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Legal documents and legislation are others. Good catch Eric. I'll
support this.

Those are three terrible use cases.

Let's suppose there's general agreement here with that opinion. The things to ask here nonetheless are

a) whether drilling multiple author names through a name element indicates a design flaw in Atom (overconstraint).

 b) whether multiple authoring is an edge-case; it could well be.

I'm open to persuasion on b); it's not my intent to force this anyone's throat. But a) does bother me.

Shall we go through every element
in the format and evaluate their fitness for scientific journals,
legal documents, and legislation?

Unfair :\ Not the least because you're assuming that hasn't been done.

cheers
Bill