On 21/5/05 3:41 AM, "A. Pagaltzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> However, it does pose a problem of default semantics. Do we
> define particular categories in the spec? If we donšt, do we
> define a default category to be assumed in absence of explicit
> category elements in the document? If we do, do we define such
> a default?

The simplest thing that could possibly work is to say that if there is no
<category> element inside the <contributor> then assume a default of
@term="author" with unspecified @scheme and unspecified @label.

Covers 99% of use cases, I should think.

No need to explain what the string "author" means, surely?

e.