On 21 May 2005, at 3:30 pm, Robert Sayre wrote:

On 5/21/05, Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The appropriate way to decode this is "Written by Graham with
contributions from Friend 1 and Friend 2"

Lets decode your sample in the same way: "Written by Yuri Fialko,
David Sandwell, Mark Simons & Paul Rosen with contributions from Yuri
Fialko, David Sandwell, Mark Simons and Paul Rosen"

Which makes no sense. The two usages are incompatible, and the spec
needs to say which is correct.

What makes you think 'authorship' is arrived at by composing
atom:author and atom:contributor elements.

It's the impression I've had for nearly 2 years. If I'm wrong, then fine, but there's nothing in the spec that says anything either way.

Graham