On 21 May 2005, at 4:02 pm, Robert Sayre wrote:

It's the impression I've had for nearly 2 years. If I'm wrong, then
fine, but there's nothing in the spec that says anything either way.

Well, there's nothing in the spec that explicitly separates
atom:author from lots of elements. Your impression is not in the spec.

I just about grasp what you're saying here. I certainly do not think it's the obvious model from the spec, or an obvious model to most people.

I do think you're right about the wording of atom:author, though.

Good.

Graham