Saturday, June 18, 2005, 1:40:52 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

>> Can somebody give me a link to where we discussed the requirement that
>> atom:content MUST NOT contain a composite type? I've tried searching my
>> archive but I couldn't find anything at all. The change was introduced
>> in draft-08.
>>
>> I can't agree that this is a mere spec bug until I can find where it
>> was discussed, and what the intent for this ban was.
>>
>> I don't really see why we are banning these MIME types from either
>> local or remote content.

> http://www.intertwingly.net/wiki/pie/PaceReformedContent3

Thanks, but is that really the same discussion? That proposal was
incorporated into draft-03. The prohibition of "composite types"
wasn't introduced until draft-08.

One of the main effects of PaceReformedContent3 was banning the
Atom-0.3-style "multipart/alternative" envelope that allowed multiple
<content> elements to be embedded.

Fair enough - but I don't see how this is related to the prohibition
of message/* and multipart/*?

Was this a heavy-handed attempt to prevent people from using Atom 0.3-
style alternatives in Atom 1.0, perhaps?

--
Dave