On 20/1/06 1:55 PM, "Joe Gregorio" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> What autodiscovery links should I do on a web page that displays a
>> single blog entry, like this one?
>>
>> http://journals.aol.com/panzerjohn/abstractioneer/entries/1238
>
> Actually on my blog each page has a feed associated with
> it that is a feed of all the comments on that page.

Are the comments on the same html page, or on another page? Some websites do
it the latter way. It often depends on the size of the article, especially
if the article is split into multiple pages (eg.
<http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2005/12/07/catching-up-with-the-atom-publishing-pr
otocol.html> ).

In the first use case, it would make sense to have @rel="alternate feed
replies" (it's an alternate representation of the page, it's a feed of
updates of this page, and it's a resource containing replies to this page).

In the latter case however @rel="alternate feed replies" would be broken.
The replies are not on that page, so how is a feed of replies an alternative
representation? It would make sense to have @rel="related feed replies"
though.

> Regardless, the current spec is unambiguous, it points to
> feeds. If we want it to point to something besides a feed
> it has to be changed.

No, it does *not* point to "feeds", it points to resources of a certain mime
type of which a subset are feeds. There's the ambiguity.

e.