Anne van Kesteren wrote:
If `Content-Location` is not usable or can't be used consistent on a website (for example, using it for both Atom and HTML content) I suggest we specify something that is consistent with what browsers do. And perhaps try to obsolete the relevant header if possible...

Isn't this something the HTTP WG should be doing? If they have plans to obsolete the header then I think it makes sense for us to discourage its use, but so far I've seen nothing suggesting they're even contemplating that.

The way I see it, until a standards body tells us otherwise, we are obliged to support the Content-Location header unless we can provide a very good argument for ignoring it. The Firefox developers may well have done that for web browsers, but I'm not yet convinced that their issues are necessarily applicable to aggregators.

Regards
James