On 2 Nov 2006, at 14:33, Thomas Broyer wrote:
2006/11/2, Henry Story:
Since scheme is a URL I can presumably go there to find something. But what?

Some people also want to dereference XML Namespaces' URIs.

It works for the Atom namespace: http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom
You get a nice page that points you to the spec.

It works for all the AtomOwl terms, I used.

@prefix : <http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#> .

_:C a :Category;
     :term "13745";
     :label "cats"@en;
     :scheme <http://my.categories.net/> .

Each one of them is a URL and can be dereferenced, to find their meaning.

I find it odd, that a someone speaking from a group that prides itself on being RESTfull, does not want to get the added advantage that URLs provide. Especially in APP where we are concentrating so much on the HTTP protocol.

Yes. The information we have currently is useful. But if we get people to organise their web sites the way Tim Bray has, then we could write clients that use this information in much more interesting ways. And we would not need an extension for every obviously good way of doing things.

Henry