On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Yeechang Lee <y...@pobox.com> wrote:

> The 'bijou' 20100125 distribution of MythTV 0.22 is now available in
> atrpms-testing.
>
> bijou 0.22 does not have anything so crucial as 0.21's Avenard VDPAU
> backport. That said, it does contain several enhancements and fixes
> that may be of interest, including:
>
> * Adjustments to ThreadedFileWriter's buffers. Significantly improves
>  recordings' integrity when destination disks are stressed, at the
>  cost of increased RAM usage. (That said, on my frontend/backend I've
>  recorded four HD streams at once without swapping.) My work.
> * Improved audio upmixer (SVN patch #6975).
> * Fix VDPAU video not resuming after xscreensaver (#7641).
> * Fix for judder seen in various European 720p HD channels (#7481).
> * Fix for MythVideo's bookmark dialog box killing keyboard input by
>  changing focus window (#7741).
> * Fix for Jumppoints not working in MythVideo or when OSD is present
>  (#7322, #7939).
> * Automatically scale number of user jobs based on system load
>  (#2782).
> * Permit bringing up both Watch Recordings menus with just MENU, and
>  add Watched toggle to Playlist options (my variant on #6814).
> * Chapter support in MKV videos (#7892, r23231).
> * Improved detection of audio tracks when transcoding (my variant on
>  #1841).
> * Much faster seeking in videos, especially in MythVideo without
>  seektables (#7521, #7935).
> * BT.709 and studio-level colors for VDPAU playback (#7307). For the
>  time being please follow the instructions in the patch notes, and
>  not the mythtv-users mailing list, to activate.
> * Various ATSC closed-caption fixes (#7738, #7739, #7766, #7775,
>  #7776).
> * Miscellaneous, mostly video-related fixes (#7252, #7397, #7409,
>  #7454, #7759).

Hi Yeechang,
Thanks for continuing the bijou branch of packages.  I really appreciate the
work you and Axel (and others) did for 0.21 bijou.

I was wondering if you could give an overview of the above bugs so I don't
have to look up each bug individually.  Are most of these bugs destined to
be fixed by 0.23 but not backported to 0.22?  Have some of them been
rejected by the MythTV developers but you maintain them for your personal
use?

I have not yet upgraded my 0.21-bijou system to 0.22, so I'm trying to
decide if I stick with 0.22-fixes or 0.22-bijou.

Thanks.

/Brian/