Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

Musicman, the idea of a monthly fee (to play online) is something people have been suggesting to me over time as well.  I had ignored that idea because I hate to think of all of the people who could no longer play, just because of their financial situation.  Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have some steady money coming in from Swamp, Haha, but there really are more important things than making money.  I just don't know if I could go through with that plan knowing that there were good, rule abiding people, sad that they couldn't play anymore.

Not to get us off topic, but the online fee idea is something I strongly considered adding to my RPG project.  The idea was to charge a small monthly fee (probably $2) and have that money go into a fund.  The plan was to make all map/adventure building tools available to the community so that people could set up their own servers with their own unique campaigns.  The plan was to take most of the money each month and divide it up between the people running the different servers, based on how much time each registered player spent on it.  So it would reward people for having an entertaining server, and would encourage people to continue updating, expanding, and providing high quality work to keep their server as popular as possible.  I've only recently had to think of abandoning that idea because it seems legal issues complicate doing that sort of thing.  I'm still digging to find out the limits of what I can and cannot do.  Technically none of this legal stuff would affect Swamp, because the money collected wouldn't be going back out to other players or server owners.  Collecting money isn't a problem, but giving it back out has a huge list of rules and regulations.