Re: Injustice Gods Among Us. More accessible than before.

My belief has always been that a bit of polite push and shove in this direction would result in us having something worth talking about.  It is apparent by this post that I was right.  Certainly there will always be developers who will probably dismiss the idea as ridiculous that blind people are playing video games and think nothing of it, but not everyone in the world is a bad guy, and with a bit of education on the matter of blind and sighted players having equal abilities on the playing field for the sake of a greater market, someone's going to listen.

I've played many a mainstream game which I deemed accidentally accessible once I learned the concept of accessibility, by which I meant that the sound engineer did something with the audio that made the game just a bit more possible than it would have been if he hadn't.  Sometimes this includes siple things like including small details in ambiences, audible foosteps that reflect where yo u are, vocal cues, and so on.  At any rate, I was never convinced that devs had no interest in working with us and for us to build a nicer place to game in, but that they have no reason to, because they don't know just how many people play their games.  Atending this tournament and conventions of this kind seems to me the kind fo the blind people should do, both because it would allow them to integrate into the sighted world just a bit more, and because it would help show sighted gamers and developers alike that we are one of them.

  • [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: brad
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Nocturnus
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Nocturnus
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: cansino
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf