Re: Injustice Gods Among Us. More accessible than before.

assault_freak wrote:

You're right. But I think getting into the tournament as someone good enough to be noticed is probably no easy task... especially as sighted people already take a long time to get good at fighting games. Yet it is possible... you just have to be very, very good at fighting games and willing to put up with the storm of trolling and the like you're sure to get upon arriving there. lol And personally, I wouldn't be willing to put up with that for the sake of a video game competition, but I would for almost anything else. lol But I dunno. I may try to get into Evo in a few years... I'm only 21. I have time. tongue

I do admit that it takes time, especially when you really have to master your main character and learn how to overcome matchups against other characters. Not to mention th at it is very fast paced. However, it's not that hard to get involved though. if there's a local scene in your area, it's probably best to start that way. If not, just follow the tournament scene and learn about the well known players to better understand the community. As for trolling and all that, it happens pretty much anywhere. Surprisingly, I was well received in the fighting game community. it came with the admiring and all that, but in the end they start treating you like everyone else. This includes playing against you at their best, so you can experience playing against high level players and how you can possibly overcome them.
Plus, I'm not the only one who has participated in these events as a blind player. There are others as well. So if you get a chance, definitely take it.

  • [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • [A... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: brad
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Nocturnus
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Nocturnus
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: cansino
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: death_rattlehead
    • Re... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf