Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

@Musicman. Your first idea about restricting gameplay to the US is probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen to date on this thread. I'm nowhere near the US, and I'd probably find such a gesture somewhat insulting. I was one of the first players to play Swamp, I played the first multi player that was released, and can honestly say one of the few people that actually take swamp testing to a serious level. Sure there are ways around it; enforcing such measures is utterly ridiculous. At that point you may as well go drink tea with the government.
To the whitelist suggestion:
It sounds like too much of a patchy solution, and would probably be hacked within the hour.  Not that I'm doubting Aprone's abilities, of course. smile
My final solution, most of you won't like this.
Shut it down. Yes. Pull the plug out of the wall outlet and turn off the switch. @Aprone: You deserve a long break. You shouldn't need to spend countless hours, days, weeks if you will going through headaches and the like over this. Swamp's had a great run. Almost 2 years on and its still going strong. You honestly can't say that about any other audio game in this community.
The efforts you've gone to to ensure the rest of us can have a pleasant gaming experience have been phenomenal.
Swamp was never intended to become what it is today. And all this was done with 1 man grappling 2 jobs  for a lot of this, if I'm not mistaken.
So yeah. Take some time off. Possibly start forming some ideas for the RPG, and work with something that I'm sure will be leaps and bounds ahead of swamp.
All this is just my opinion, of course. Would be interested to see some feedback on this one.