Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

Hi all.
I've been monitoring this thread for some time now, and have found it very entertaining.
like most of you, I've been using windows for as long as I can remember, until last year when some evil entities used their seductive whispers to get me into linux.  So, I thought I'd give arch a try, but could only install it on my desktop machine because my school laptop was cruel and would not allow me to boot a cd, otherwise I totally would have.  I enjoyed it, and discovered that things didn't have to be as bad as they were on windows.  Applications didn't have to crash every 30 seconds and take my screen reader with them, and I wouldn't have to reinstall the OS every 6 months.  Anyway, once school ended, I existed entirely within arch, loved every minute of it, though I mainly used command line tools.  I used the gui occasionally.  I didn't really like orca much, but I got around that by installing chrome with chromevox.  That allowed me to do everything I needed to do, from browsing to web to editing word documents.  The only other thing I did in the gui was play soundrts, which I didn't need a screen reader for.  By the way, chromevox is a really amazing screen reader once you get the hang of it, and though layered keystrokes might be annoying, many aspects of web navigation are still much faster with the way you can zoom in and out of content.  Anyway, I started school again this year, got a crappy school laptop that ran windows 7 and started having problems yet again.  This time, my NVDA made itself nearly entirely useless.  I couldn't use web browsers, ms office, etc because every time I tried interacting with some of these applications, nvda just said Unknown.  This brought a new wave of windows hatred, and so when State Services offered to buy me a macbook pro for computer science classes next year, I agreed.
Voice over was ver y easy for me to pick up, I love interaction and somewhat  enjoy navigating webpages.  I do feel that it is a bit slower because of the way Alex reads text, but I don't mind too much.  I feel like this slightly slower speed allows me to pick up more information anyway.
I also have gotten a windows 7 vm for my mudding and  audio gaming and an arch vm running simultaneously.  Everything runs nearly perfectly, although there are some rather annoying voice over bugs that I hope Apple's accessibility team can get to soon.  There is also one extremely annoying vmware issue that I can't find the cause to.  When I use control and or shift keys with the arrow keys, sometimes, the vm decides to stop registering one or more of the arrow keys, and I can't figure out why it happens.
Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself to this thread with a long introductory post, since it seems everyone else did, so hope no one minded.
T o make this somewhat on topic, I really wanted to try windows 10 when it came out, but as Microsoft continues to well... force us to move to windows 10, the more I resist.  So now though I want to try it despite the privacy issues, my stubbornness won't allow me to.  Ah well.