Re: The Windows 10 New World Order

@Wanderer: yeah I'm pretty sure I've actually seen this work, I just need to get together the patience and the breath. ALSA certainly works; I can enable and use it in another, textmode guest that I have here, and it works just fine after I set the volume levels with amix. I'd no idea pulseaudio was affected by ALSA levels, though, so I'm going to have to find some way of increasing the volume after the live CD boots. I just tried it with a Debian live system, and that too didn't work; so obviously a symptomatic issue with virtual VMWare hardware. And I know the host sound works because I've seen that work just fine as well (Intel HD audio) and yes, the Mac volume control buttons have a support package which I know that, for instance, Ubuntu has.

More work for me, dammit. I'm spoiled over here, you know. smile

I forgot to mention the other opt ion: ChromeOS. It makes me a bit tired too, to be honest, but it's another option, if it's all right by you. Of course, if you care about privacy, you'll want to perform some attitude readjustment on that, too. And of course you know how Google does quality control. smile