Re: A warning to all who play Survive the Wild.

[[wow]], I have never had an account onSTW, and after reading that log I don't plan on ever seaking one. Nothing personal towards Sam.
And its not even so much what Walter said in that log, it just seems very spammy and there's clearly no language filter. Not that I'm some goody goody, its the combonation of trash talk and spam really turns me off after a while. lol

All that off to one side. I'm seriously shocked and saddened to hear that Lori and anyone else related to this situation has been hurt, stalked and cyber bullyed. But to have it come from within our own audio games / blind community is extremely disturbing.

I know that sometimes, with blindness some mental / amotional baggage tends to manifest. I've played many RPGs and muds, been apart of beta teams for audio games, and subscribed to several game lists. So I know blind people can be just as inflamitory or snippy as anyone else. But this is a seriously extreme case!

Even though, we, the people who happened to be blind have to field our fair share of negativity and sometimes outright hostility from the sighted world, its insane to realize some of us feel the need to torcher each other going through the same challenges in life. And in a game setting, where everyone's just trying to spend some time away from the real world and relax... Its infuriating!

From all that I've read, I support you Dark and the steps you've taken to protect the rest of the community, and thank you for it.
Plus, I trust Dark's grasp on the situation, and I believe him to be a man of integrity. That's good enough for me, and it'll have to be for anyone who disagrees.
big_smile

I do hope justice is served somewhere other then this forum.

Lastly, I'm really glad I read beyond the first few post on page 1 of this thread. I w as beginning to despair, heh, so thanks to the rest of you for restoring my faith in the blind community in reading all of your decent responses to this mess.
smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nibar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindndangerous via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MikeFont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mektastic via Audiogames-reflector