Re: Monthly chat March 2016

I can offer nothing more than sympathy and comiseration.
In fall 2014, I set myself Yesterday as a deadline for having any! singificant improvements. Just finishing a game or getting back to writing would have sufficed. Just learning how to bake would have sufficed!
In November 2015, I extended the deadline to October, because the most-likely-rubbish Mirror Decade hypothesis would suggest that things should turn around this summer. (Yep, I extended the deadline because of a series of weird coincidences that only seem to apply to me. Mostly because that was quite literally the only thing that looked the least bit hopeful.)
Speaking of weird coincidences, if I get through the LCB program more quickly than not, I should be getting done around October. Knowing my luck, I'll probably be stuck there until mid November regardless of how well it goes. I don't really feel like that is a good point of evaluation, though. Let's say everything goes better than expected, and in October is rainbows sunshine and the Blue Light of Hope. As you can tell based on me giving the Mirror Decade Hypothesis™ any space in this ramblement, and any number of my previous posts (2011-early 2013 in particular), I tend to become overly optimistic at the drop of a hat[1], so I am hesitant to trust my judgment on the best of days, since plans I make on good days (well, any days, really) inevitably fail. It would be better had I gotten into LCB around November or December 2015 (or, eh, January or February), so I'd have time to evaluate the results before that arbitrary deadline. I don't want to adjust the deadline again, because that feels like cheating. And if I can't violate everything the outside view says should be possible in six months or less, what kind of butler would I be?

[1] Provided the hat is made of one or more of gold / silver / dark chocolate / elemental friendship.