Re: Monthly chat July 2016

Hi Ru.

Interesting stuff and certainly something important to consider, indeed as you might guess I'm getting some personal experience of mariage from the western perspective right now big_smile.
As far as I know, no,there haven't  ever been any specific audio game development conferences. Remember most developers of audio games are fairly small companies, often one person working on their own or a small team of developers working on something experimental. Getting such people together for a conference would be difficult, indeed even the main conferences on game accessibility don't tend to consider purely audio games much and generally the most they do in the direction of game access reflects colour blindness, large print and the like.
Then again, the fat cat coorporations are probably never going to particularly care about game access anyway, sin ce it doesn't increase the almighty prophet margin, and independent devs tend to be far nicer to deal with anyhow.

Well things are surprisingly cheerful today, particularly since I've started Justin Cronin's city of Mirrors, the just released final volume in his passage trilogy. I'd recommend  this series to anyone, certainly the best  zombie appocalypse I've ever read, though calling them that does them something of a disservice given that Cronin is far more concerned with what lead up to the appocalypse, and then the world 90 to 100 years later when most of the books are set, rather than the usual "society breaks down, zombies munchy munchy" focus most authors have.

BEautifully written, with amazing characterization and surprising twists, actually I intend to do a review of city of mirrors once I've finished assuming nobody beats me to it.

I've also started trying Alter again and am finding it huge amounts of fun. The swamp was so much easier as a druid mage than as a clerric warrior, I was able to do in the priestesss, warrior, thief etc relatively easily and the nasty necromancer went down like a tonne of bricks big_smile.
NExt is the tinker gnome colony which I remember being a bit of a pest to try and find all the quests in, though then again I was a little narked with Alter the last time I was there, so we'll try it this time and see how things go.

Unfortunately I've got some actual work to do today, which is a miner pest, but at least there isn't a lot left on my thesis to do and later we've got pizza big_smile.