Re: Monthly chat July 2016

@Dark I actually worked on a (community theatre) production of Mary Poppins once- but it was the decidedly Disneyified version. It was pretty amazing to see, though, and the singers were all amazing. They kept putting on horrible British accents though, which was a bit annoying for me. I love musicals.

I also found the ending of Consider Phlebas infuriating and the last part of the book hard to follow. It felt like it was a book that could have had a really good direct sequel, but I guess having a whole series of books in the same universe makes up for that. I've picked up 'The Algebraist', so I'm looking forward to reading it. Maybe today...

I think the problem with the 'innovative sound games that will change things in the future' is that they only draw attention to themselves generally - the ones that get noticed can bask in the glory of being awesome and new but completely neglect (not purposefully, I think) to promote the genre of a udiogames as a whole, or other developers.

Something that infuriates me a bit is that while there are some amazing audiogames and talented developers, it's still an incredibly niche genre that is, I think, largely seen as a gimmick. It definitely doesn't get enough attention!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dino via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dino via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dino via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dino via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ishan Dhami via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jjgeek via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jjgeek via Audiogames-reflector