Re: Windows 10 Anniversary Update Accessibility

Yes, my apologies, I should have pointed that out.

I would probably switch to either Free Commander or Explorer++ myself if it comes down to that. I like Explorer++ because it integrates seamlessly into the existing Explorer shell, and while it has a bunch of other features that aren't present in the original Explorer, it looks and feels just similar enough so that the new additions are a welcome change, rather than a big learning curve. Free Commander is really its own beast, but the "commander" aspect of the title is no joke. It's a really powerful program, but keep in mind that stuff isn't going to be where you might expect it to be. Oh, sure, the essentials are in their rightful places, such as renaming and creating folders and files, for example. And the shortcuts you're used to do work. But there's a lot more to it than that too.

having said that, Free Commander is in the list of things I want to play around with more when I hav e more inclination to dive in and explore all the complexities. In short, as much as I really don't think microsoft should be doing this, and, I admit that I hadn't even considered changing to a different program yesterday when I wrote my original post on the subject, it is an option. So if Microsoft thinks that they can stop people from using the classic features of Explorer that they've always known and loved, they're sorely mistaken.