Re: Doctor Who: Big finish productions

I'm sorry I missed this one, I dopn't know why since usually the bbc absolutely throw anything doctor who out on adverts, and I'm waiting for the continuance of the day of the doctor on the 23rd, albeit not with exactly bated breath. To be honest though i just wish bf had the license to do the time war properly, as I just feel the standard of writing on the tv series has declined far too much, kick continuity in the head and pretty much gone off to make a superficial popcorn fantasy with no resemblance to actual doctor who anymore.

This is why while I own all of the new series (albeit I didn't by the series of the 9th doctor until the 10th came along), I stopped at the regeneration, since it just seemed after changing producers things hit the deck way too much.

From a program which started with a doctor who solved his problems with science, trickery, and (in the case of the thirdd doctor), occasionally Venusian akaido, it's a shame that it has degenerated so much.

I did however absolutely love the bf 50th aniversery special. 8 doctors, 1 master, a fun time paradox and lots of craziness with a neet solution, albeit I wasn't quite as convinced at Tim Kilgor mimmicking John Pertwee's very distinctive voice, nothing like Frazer Hines quite uncanny Patric Troughton or even William Russel's at least passable William heartnal.

It's actually a shame Pertwee died when he did, since his two bbc audios were great, and he'd have been a fantastic doctor for Big finish and certainly! would've been back to work with them since like Colin baker he loved playing the Doctor.