Re: I'm seriously concerned

I must emphasise before continuing further that this post is one of those posts that, if you read it with the idea that you're being refered to personally, you're probably going to take offense to it.  I can't stress this enough; I'm refering to no one person on this forum and am simply reflecting upon my own personal experiences.  that out of the way, there is reasonable stuff on this topic and I do agree with it.  The difference lies in how we express ourselves and our opinions.  I cannot support someone who comes out and says, "Your product is a junkbucket with brains and does little more than give me a bit of amusement because I've had to adapt with every bit of software and hardware I have just to use the stupid thing!"  On the other hand, a person who kindly outlines why x is wrong and how y is capable of achieving a fix does receive my attention.  there's a number of ways one can respond to just about any situation.  I was mad when Swamp became a paid product, but I didn't tell you or anyone else on the forum because quite frankly I felt it wasn't worth my time or anyone elses.  Other people filled in the gap quite nicely and did way worse in some instances.
And then there's entitlement.  those of us growing up in the late 80's watched Disney movies about dudes who got princesses in the end, even if the guy was an absolute loser.  it carried into other media as well.  It carried into schools, where we were told we could be anything we wanted to and we should do what we love doing because you only get one life to live and you should live it to its fullest, the most subliminal lie I've ever heard in my life.  if doing what you love involves trolling other people, should you really continue to do what you love?  If living your life to its fullest takes into consideration how many people you're going to hurt before it ends should you really and truly live your life to its fullest potential?  Should we get rich and or die trying?  Should I step on your shoes to get there?  if I know now that placing myself over you requires that I do something most everyone else will see as callous just so I can make millions and continue to do what I love doing which is to indulge myself and my family on a regular basis with the best of the best, should I do that?
I believe the answer to any of this is a resounding NO!  with a forceful NEGATIVE!  On both sides! The want to be super rich and famous doesn't all of a sudden generate a demand for you personally.  The want to indulge one's self doesn't create an abundance of products and services to do that with.  If you feel entitled, I'd certainly be willing to discuss it and even let you go on your merry way thinking you are if you personally feel you have a good enough reason, but that doesn't make it any more true than the idea of my being entitled to bashing your skull into the ground because I think you're a brat.  :d