Re: Windows 10, hopefully a decision I won't regret

I honestly think people are way too apprehensive about this whole thing...

Way back when Windows 10 was still future speak I joined the insider program. Barring a few temporary issues, that was pretty usable already. Keep in mind I say usable, not productive. But then again Mac OS X is in the same boat and people seem to accept that just fine, so I guess usable should be good enough.
When , last year, it was released, most of the things that would scare peeps away from it were already fixed. Sure, edge was inaccessible, but internet explorer was still there so if you didn't want to run into that, all you had to do was not use it.
Fast forward to August this year and a lot of other stuff was fixed, Edge is at least usable with Narrator now and now I'm talking about Narrator anyway, the progress that was made on that front since Windows 7 is pretty staggering. Heck, we're getting braille support and talking installs next year, and thats all built into the Windows experience on any machine.
I can definitely say not everything works the way I like it, especially the settings app could do with a few changes that would increase productivity a lot, but I hear folks say its a huge accessibility step back, that its bad or problematic, I am just not seeing it.
Don't like Edge? Fine, don't use it. Don't like the new universal apps? Fine, don't use them.
As for email, I am not familiar with how Supernova works with it since I can't stand working with that screenreader for any length of time, but Outlook 2016 at least is very usable with NVDA. I use it to handle my work email all the time and rarely have issues that get in my way.
Not sure if Outlook Express content can be migrated to MS Outlook; I seem to remember having read an email thread about this a few days back and IIRC there were definitely ways of pulling that off, google is your friend smile
Finally let me ask a question about this aversion a lot of people seem to have about the ribbons in File Explorer. I definitely agree ribbons are a productivity hit, that is , until you learn the hotkey patterns to get to the options you want. Its a few more keypresses, but not by much. All that aside though, what do you guys even use the file explorer ribbon for?
You can get to a file's properties with alt+enter, copy and paste with ctrl+c and ctrl+v, creating a new folder has a hotkey assigned to it as well and the rare few times you will want to change folder options or connect to a network drive you can bring up the ribbon and do that. What am I missing in regards to this since I really am not seeing what the big deal is about?

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Zersiax via Audiogames-reflector