Rogue one, thoughts?

Well last night my brother and I went to see rogue one.
Was it good? mmmm, well yes possibly I suppose, not a film i regret, but was it a good starwars film? Not really.

I confess the hole thing just felt flat to me, I felt a real disconnection from what was going on. There were some moments I really liked, but there was so much that seemed to be a case of "we had this because it was cool" rather than because it needed to be there. Yes, there were the camios of mone mothmar and even governer tarkin (poor Peter cushing), but really it just felt like an excuse for major extended action. Where I was looking forward to a heist type film and perhaps something showing more of the universe, this just felt like yet mor battles, indeed I was wondering exactly where the rebellion, who in a new hope seem to have about 30 ships max suddenly had hundreds for a huge dog fight, not to mention the amount of "well we'll just fly to this planet and see what happens but wooopse! we forgot the empire was ther" rather than actual planning (really the film made the rebels look like utter morons).

Again much more style over substance,  ---- plus, no john williams! grrrrr!

Oh, and once again why do all blind people have to either be some sort of awesome ninja awesomeness, or feeble? Is it so hard to write a blind character as just a person who is blind? That one mildly annoyed me, particularly seeing said ninja boy ninja walk across a battlefield and then feel for a console switch, quite ridiculous and once again a blind character who has bugger all to actually do with blind people.

K2 however, was the best thing in the film, a snarky doom laden programmed droid, awesome! I will say I loved seeing vader's evil castle of evil just for amusement, and the section at the end with vader appearing leading into a new hope, but in general I can't say I'm too empressed, the thing just felt flat, and for a film whe re most of the main cast die that's saying something.

Sadly it looks like Starwars is just going to be run into the ground by disney to ram as much cash out of it as  humanly possible until it becomes utterly lifeless. Then again the same could be said for most of hollywood these days with ever repeating remakes and franchise films.