Re: Rogue one, thoughts?

Well the main starwars story will continue with episode 8, though I confess after being a wee bit disappointed by rogue one, and slightly mildlier disappointed by episode 7 last year I'm not sure the trend is going well.
My brother is really worried disney will kill any magic starwars had by just churning out film after film after film until everyone is sick of the things, and unfortunately that seems to be where it's going.

Interesting you mention action, since one thing that always amazes me watching the original starwars films is just how little action there is, or rather how much plot is based round the action so you actually care about the action sequences there are.

Not that I'm against action, I love! action sequences when done right, but just as too little action can make something dull and lacking in conflict, too much can really stop you caring about what's actually happening.