Your Experience with Sleeping Patterns

I've often noticed that a common struggle among blind people is their sleeping patterns, in fact I share that struggle with many others. It seems that many blind people generally seem to have issues with their sleeping patterns. Myself, I try to keep my sleeping pattern as "normal" as possible, however the issue is my sleeping patterns are so sensitive that even one bad night is enough to throw me off for weeks, and trust me, those nights happen very often. I can keep my sleeping pattern somewhat reasonable, but it gradually drifts out of alignment until finally I'm off the normal schedule. However being forced to stay awake for one reason or another can generally help temporarily, but of course the cycle continues and it drifts out of alignment again. Often, though, the sleep I get is generally quite restful, and, if I could live by my own schedule, my sleep wouldn't be a problem at all. In fact the only reason it's even an issue it's because of school and society's expectation that you should be on a rigid wake up in the day, sleep at night schedule, and if I could live by my own, there would be no reason to make a fuss about it. However school is an issue, plus my parents' misunderstanding of the entire thing doesn't help matters much at all. Mostly they don't bother to interfere much, but occasionally they will try the whole take your devices offline thing, misunderstanding the actual cause. the problem is that rarely works at all, and often it actually has the opposite affect and I end up not sleeping at all that night. Often there are nights where I will try to sleep, but it ends up not working out so I decide "fuck it, I won't bother trying anymore so I'd be better off just doing something instead". I've heard many horror stories from folks like this who get in trouble several times because of it, but I haven't, so I guess I'm fortunate in that regard. So how do you handle your sleeping patterns? What are they like for you, and do you find it difficult to deal with them?