Re: Your Experience with Sleeping Patterns

Hi.
Join the club is all I can say.
In the summer especially when hot I can find it hard to sleep at night, but it can also happen in the winter.
I can be on a role, get up between 5 and or 7, and that in itself is fine.
Sometimes its at 3 or 4 and sometimes I can't sleep till 1.
Being that I do morning gym sessions its not a big issue.
The issue is when I can't get up at all.
I have been known to sleep all day at times if I don't watch it.
Sometimes I give myself a day usually a sunday or friday where I sleep till 9 or 10 am and thats usually enough for a while.
As long as I am in bed by 9 or 10.30 something round that I am fine.
If I go to some sort of party, especially at night I can be quiet and tired.
Light for me plays a major part.
My eyes are super sensitive, alergies and the like.
Light can simple have them close and not be able to open.
If its to noisy I sleep.
I can sleep at the dr op of a hat during the day but never at night.
My brother has the same issues as I do not being able to get to sleep and sleeping in to much, he is sighted so who knows.
I have heard for us blind types its to do with light,  stimulation and the like.
The fact we depend on it, for those with light perception its not to bad but light does stimulate your bodyclock and without it you never change or something I don't understand it fully.
If I am slightly out of joint, I can't just go back in, ie if I travel long distance, I havn't really done this but if I do on the occation I may be out of time for a couple days, thats normal enough.
However if I stay somewhere for a couple weeks or even a month, I am right out of sequence.
I sleep all day and stay up much of the night.
I simply don't get tired for ages and ages and ages.
I will eventually get back into a rythm but it means I have to stay up for 3 or 4 days tired sleeping little at nights.
I have thougyht about trying tablets or something but all that will probably do is get me use to tablets and may not actually fix things.
When I am on holliday I tend if I am able not to take my laptop with me.
The laptop has a dead battery in it anyway, its at least 5 or so years old now, but its fine.
I always find though if I have a computer I spend most of my time on it rather then smelling the roses.
The only things I ever take on holliday are a phone, my recorder for obvious reasons and a flash drive with nvda and other things on it if I need to access someone's system while away.
I have started doing this thing as of 4 years back when I said no to some things I did.
In my first big holliday I took my computer to the place.
We stayed in one location for a month.
And while I went out a lot I spent about 90% of the time on the computer.
I even stayed up all night in order to play on the computer.
I ha ve since just not done this.
Sure I get bored, but I listen more, record things a bit more, relax and actually enjoy things.
Sadly this never happens at home.
In the winter my patterns can vary a lot more than summer.
If I tend to be awake at nights its not to bad in summer months especially when it gets rather hot.
In winter though if I have issues they are more pronounced.
I will also get quite depressed when it gets dark or rains for periods.
Lately though any light can make me have a headake even if I use glasses and I really don't care for that as such.
So yeah everyone has issues sleeping.