Re: help about erion mud

@Tensoon, create as many new topics as you want, it's not as if we have a limited supply of them :d.

To answer your question though, no, the game reading out your hp etc is not because it is inaccessible.
Pretty much all muds have a prompt.
This is displayed after every bit of text the mud sends you.

Sometimes the prompt is just a greatherthan sign, but usually the prompt shows important statistics, by default in many games (such as Erion), it's  something like your characters hp mana and movement. In some games the prompt will display a word to tell you a condition, eg, when your character gets hungry or tired as well (clok does this I believe).

most muds give you options to customize the prompt or turn it off altogether, some also let you have different prompts inside and outside of battle which you can customize.

Generally speaking how you like your prompt is up to you. Myself, I like to at least know my hp in battles, prefe rably as a percentage since that makes it quicker to hear and don't mind getting some character stats outside of battle since it tells me when I am fully healed, how my mana is doing etc.

Typing "help prompt" in most games (and sometimes help bprompt, that is prompt with a b in front), in games that let you set a separate battle prompt), will tell you how  to set the prompt to your liking. Usually it's a matter of typing "prompt" and some letters,eg prompt=h" to show your current hp, "prompt=Hh" to show your max hp and current hp or "prompt=%h" to show your hp as a percentage (note the different capitalisations).

Hth.

Btw, I am putting together a newbies guide to muds which I intend to put in the articles room, this might be a good question to include in it.