Re: A mudding guide for newbies, questions and suggestions please

I used to be really into MUDs in junior high and high school and reading discussions on them always makes me hugely nostalgic, but I just find them too time consuming to get into today. Reading up on dozens of pages of lore and memorizing skill and race mechanics before even starting, or having to sink in hours and hours to stay competitive with other players is just too much of a hurdle for me now, but I'm sure there must be more straightforward ones out there that are a little easier to jump into by now.

What's a good, simple MUD client without all the bells and whistles these days? I used to use FireClient iirc but it wasn't perfect and I'm not even sure it exists anymore.

Though a game world encouraging exploration and quests or puzzle solving has always appealed to me more than constant PVP and PVE (probably why I became an instant fan of parser IF once I discovered it) and I'm not even sure where to start searching f or that in a MUD.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : atgnat via Audiogames-reflector