Re: A mudding guide for newbies, questions and suggestions please

Well I am not sure how "ignore ascii" works, since I have seen ascii in other games, one reason I sight removal as ascii as one of the jobs of a developer, indeed I suspect the ignore ascii option only ignores some of the most common ascii in games. In Aardwolf you can get rid of a lot of ascii by turning off the automap and maprun options, indeed this is true in most muds since usually ascii is primarily used in maps and simply turning them off will do.

Myself I like Vipmud for ease of access and the two windows system which makes retyping commands and  history easier, plus I like the way Vipmud handles multiple characters and muds with folders for sounds etc, but  it is to a large extent a personal preference thing with some people preferring one client and some the other.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Tensoon the Kandra via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : atgnat via Audiogames-reflector