Re: Madden Accessibility Update

ea_accessible wrote:

Orin - my hearing isn't great and your video is squished in a corner and only shows part of the game screen. Can you describe in words what issues you are having?

The main purpose of the video was mainly to see if that video is still in the left hand corner--I'm not sure how to make it big enough or what a reasonable size is--I wish I could just make it full screen.

Anyway, my issues are that in most games, each menu item has a sound both when arrowing and selecting them with the DPad. Not so with Madden. Some menus have rumbles, some don't. Some menus have neither. I demonstrated that when going into custom game under play now, it did not make a sound when pressing A/X on it. If I was just playing the game like how I would if I didn't use OCR, I would've never known it was selected and that the screen changed. I also demonstrated that, before selecting a home or away team respectively, switching sides for selections by using left or right on the DPad makes a sound. It does this only if you do not select anything, however. As soon as you select a team on either side, which also does not make a sound to indicate that a team is selected, the sound to indicate changing sides, whether it be home, CPU VS. CPU, or away, is no longer present. For example, if I select home team Giants by pressing X once I get into the team select screen, assuming I set my favorite team correctly in options, I have to just remember that pressing left two times allows me to select away team, assuming that pressing left twice even got me to the right place. As I said before, the initial entry into the team select screen presents a sound to indicate that you're switching sides for selection. Once you actually select something, though, just remember you won't have that sound after that initial selection.

After the team selection, OCR help told me I� 39;m at one of two places. I'm at the ready screen, which tells me my skill level and such, but other times I get into what appears to be Jersey selection. I like the ready screen, but OCR is a complete mess on both screens and doesn't present the menu accurately, but then again it doesn't present the main menu accurately either due to tabs. It doesn't help that both menus wrap in either case.

What options are on the ready screen? I assume that what OCR is reading regarding uniforms and such is probably a part of the ready screen and the scan is only getting a portion of everything. What options should I be concerned about on it, and how do I just get on with starting the match?

HTH.

Edit: Another thing of note: When backing out of most menus in Madden using Circle or it's equivalent B on XBox, most games have a sound to indicate you're going back through menus. As with Madden's most audio inconsistencies, this is not the c ase. The only sound that has a slight click when coming back to it in my experience with the game so far is the Play Now options. This is the same click that it makes when going into it, however, so it's doing it just because you're going into it again, backwards.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pineapple21 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JCion via Audiogames-reflector