Re: USB Midi Keyboards, Do they have latency issues?

@shotgunshell
Which DAW you use on Mac?
Is it better than reaper in terms of accessibility?
I might consider going to Mac. though I'm a Windows user for almost 12 years so it's not so much possible to leave Windows big_smile
@ironcross32
Yeah, you're totally right. When I change the audio device to WASAPI I'd have no latency with the "vertual midi keyboard" in reaper.
So what you're basicly saying is that the midi input (whether it be midi keyboard or virtual midi keyboard) is not the cause of latency, it is the soundcard output, right?
If so then I have no latency with WASAPI. At least if it's got some latency my ears cannot detect it big_smile
Though I've heard that if I use WASAPI it'll damage my onboard soundcard, is that right?
And you answered another of my questions unknowingly big_smile
A few days ago I installed ASIO4ALL driver and changed the audio device to that but completely lost speech big_smile
It seems that was the reason for that.
@flackers
It seems you also confirmed my above guess that the latency is in the output not input. right?
As I said above, I have no (or next to nothing) latency using WASAPI.
But my concern is that would it damage my onboard soundcard?
@G-Rad
You're helping us a lot both in this and the other topic G-Rad, thanks big_smile
By now I'm 90% sure that the latency isn't in the input rather in the output.
So, If I resolve the latency in the output device wouldn't I encounter any latency while plug in a midi keyboard?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black and white via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : G-Rad via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shotgunshell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : CrystalD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector