Re: Dungeon crawls--how sad we don't have more of them

A dungeon crawl isn't bad, but if you're going to do it, please, please consider doing some variation in classes/skills/spells, maybe even races. Entombed did this fairly well, though it's unbalanced as hell.

If it's just "random adventurer with random skills, random spells, random stats and random gear goes into a random procedurally-generated dungeon of randomness, fighting random monsters for random gear until they die randomly", I will personally give it a pass. I don't need a novel's worth of back story, I don't mind exploring, and some randomness is okay...but if the whole thing is just to see how deep you can get, and most of it's full of wild cards, it's not my thing, and I'd personally rather see you do something with a little more...substance, I guess.

But this is just my own two cents' worth. Others may feel differently.