Re: SoundRTS, a real-time strategy audio game

Hello.

Currently, I think the major bug of SoundRTS is the network desynchronization. Of course I guess it's not easy to find the origine of this bug that happens sometime. But we still fear this bug when we play. But I play only on the alpha9, maybe it's fixed on the alpha10?

About the new version, the vision of the adjacent squares by default can be interresting of course. But with this change, the gameplay becomes completely different on many maps. And I suspect that many players play always on the same map, or just on some usual maps. For example with some French players, we play always on the CAN5. In the same way, this new defaut vision requires bigger maps, but we know that SoundRTS becomes too slow when a map exceeds something like 225 squares.

So I don't really have an idea. I think that using the real distance is good, but maybe the adjacent vision by default may be deleted. And of course I forgot to say that this vision by default has inconveniences for the mods, because the vision of the adjacent squares is simply used like an advantage for some units.

Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : milos via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Pragma via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brian . kurosawa via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector