Re: Why Must People Crack Games

Hmmm.
Well a few things to put on to here.
1.  Agree with drm, I did have audible but to be honest I don't care for it it restricts me to much.
The same for the format dvds are in.
Same thing for being stuck with clients that may or may not work like steam.
Drm, I agree, its a evil and if it works for you fine but mostly it don't.
For jimmy dub, why pirate.
For me it was to fight against the system which I did for a while.
My fight ended when I managed to find a nitche that while it didn't mean I wasn't still fighting the system, I could exist where I didn't have to basically steal just about everything.
For what I was doing and the laws it wasn't worth it.
The only acception to this are dvds to some extent when they play nice and thats only because I want full control of where I play and place the movie files as music and nothing more.
I just want my audio described movies.
I have gotten into local on demand streams for somethings and if its cheap enough I will buy it outright.
Same is with audio cds and files of audio people can give me.
Software, I can't say I have done that for a while.
The thing jimmy, is unless you are in china where everyone basically does it and such and where you can get anything you like I know that because some friends that are from new zealand buy expensive software for cheap over there because they live there do it well it seems to be the unspoken rule of users over there nothing official though.
ButThere are only 3 reasons to pirate.
1.  you are fighting the system.
This is fine but you need a goal, for me it was high priced software, and a few other gripes, I managed to slowly find my way to while its not the best Its something I can opperate within the bounds of.
2.  money, I don't agree with this type you pirate because you get nice and rich with no tax.
Thats fine if you keep it small but if you get greedy like kim.com you will get caught its a bit risky.
3.  you like to gamble with your life and I guess thats your life to throw away.
4.  You just do it because everyone does it and it was pirate all the way.
If its number 4 jimmy, pirating all the way died out for me in 2011-2012.
Back in 1995-2005 I'd understand, crack everything and pirate all the way was my moto.
But that aint that time, that reason is not cool.
If all you want is music you can go to youtube, get that and use a youtube converter, just don't do to much at once, not sure how legal exactly that is but I have done that several times when I couldn't get a song or something or if I wanted to get a video for listening to later.
For the rest I don't really know.
At any rate admitting it like a brag aint really smart.
Its like I am a mass murderer and I go oh looky here guys last night I slit a lady's throat, and killed her children, ate her baby and burned down her house.
Even if I did bragging is just asking for it.
If your reason is you fight against the system for no reason let me remind you that to some extent even on windows you can skipp the monster corps and companies.
Adobe reader I still use, ms windows abbyy software, and goldwave as well as applian tech and dolphin.
Everything else I own is free or opensource or low cost.
And if it costs I put it into a rainy day list and buy when able.
Then again it depends what you crack and why.
Music and movies, I can't say I have stopped completely, no torrents though.
Software, I have pritty much stopped, there are enough little guys I can talk to without the big ones and even the bigger ones are smartening up.
As for joseph, he has the right to his opinion, no dissing intended.
At any rate its not the big devs that are the issues its the guy at the top of these  big companies and a few seem to be talking there are other ways to get through.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : enes via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : conundrum via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JimmyDub via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sito via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector